I had been on the hunt for a delicious (and easy) chicken tortilla soup, and with the weather we’ve been having lately it was much needed. I finally found a soup on Pinterest (my insomniac cure) and modified it my way. Low and behold a delicious, quick and easy soup was born!
- 1lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 can Herdez salsa casera
- 1 can green chiles
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 ears of corn or 1 can
- 6-10 cilantro stems
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 Zucchini, chopped (optional)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Garlic powder (about 1 tsp)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Cumin (about 1 tsp)
- Chipotle chile pepper (optional)
- 4 corn tortillas, chopped
Drizzle olive oil on bottom of crock pot add Chicken and all ingredients cook on low for 6-8hrs. Add cilantro & 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
I added about 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream to mine the last hour because I wanted a richer creamier soup, this is totally optional.
Once ready, shred the chicken, give it a good stir. Serve this delicious bowl of soup with cheese, tortilla strips, avocado & fresh lime juice.
As always, Buen Provecho!